You probably already know that you can decorate cakes with sugar roses.
But have you ever made a cake that is a rose itself?
What's more, it's not simply sitting on the cakeboard... Nonono...
The rosebud itself is a cake and it's graciously sitting on a long stem!
Taken from Yvette Marner's award winning entry to Cake International, this elegant gravity defying cake is a chic choice for any women, makes a perfect Valentine's Day cake, Mother's Day cake or can even serve an amazing centerpiece on a wedding dinner table.
The most awesome feature of this rose on a stem cake is, that despite the fact that it looks exquisite, with the guidance of Yvette our incredibly skilled cake decorating teacher this rose on a stem cake is actually pretty easy to make.
In this class, you will not only learn how to carve, cover, decorate and airbrush the rosebud itself, but you'll be able to make the rock-solid inner structure of the stem.
This way despite the almost levitating look of the rosebud you would never have to worry about the rose cake's stability during transportation or display.
You will also learn how to make the incredibly lifelike marble board with Yvette's signature technique that doesn't require any advanced skills.
Join Yvette and learn how to make this sumptuous rose on a stem cake with ease!
- 4 x 30 minutes video
- 16 pages PDF Pictorial Book
In this 4-part video tutorial series you will learn:
- How to prepare your board
- How to cover the special thick board
- How to make Yvette's signature marble design
- What internal structures are made of
- How to set up your internal structure
- How to make your structure food-safe
- How to prepare your cake for carving
- How to assemble your cake on the structure
- How to make the lifelike stem and leaves
- How to prepare your cake for covering
- How to crumb-coat properly
- How to ganache your cake
- How to carve and sculpt your cake
- How to cover your cake in fondant
- How to add the petal details
- How to make the stem look real
- How to prepare the details
- How to add the small parts to your cake
- How to decorate your cake
- How to airbrush your rose so that it looks real
- How to tweak your cake to customise it
- Pro tips and tricks